A lot’s happened in my life since I’ve last posted, in summary:
- My life coaching company grew into a great boutique practice, and now I work with clients all over the world.
- Clients started asking about mental health advice so I started teaching them meditation techniques my mum taught me when I was a kid, and soon after I began receiving requests to teach meditation!
- Not long after I received a call from a medicinal cannabis clinic asking if I could come in a teach their patients meditation techniques that would help them navigate through their psychoactive states.
- The small sessions turned into classes and I started teaching cannabis friendly meditations to both medicinal and recreational users. We called the class ‘420 Meditation‘ and it started to get really popular!
- 2017: The psychedelic community started requesting meditation techniques as a form of harm reduction and therapy, and I found myself I speaking at the Spirit Plant Medicine Conference about integration post psychedelic experience.
- 2018: The meditation effect was remarkable but keeping up with my life coaching business was burning me out, so I decided to take a break and start teaching meditation more. I was interviewed on the Vancouver Real Podcast on which I pretty much sum up my journey until this point. It was also my first podcast and listening to it back I realized how confident I was in teaching meditation.
- 2019: I began getting more requests to speak about meditation, I attended cannabis cup competitions offering harm reduction services, and a highlight for me was getting the opportunity to speak at the International Church of Cannabis in Denver Colorado, it was epic! Check me out:
- From then I knew meditation was going to be my vice moving forward, I was even invited to attend a conference in San Diego, CA as a VIP and got to meet Michelle Obama! – THIS WAS EPIC!
- Summer 2019: Feeling inspired and encouraged to teach meditation full time, I decided to move to a small town in BC called Nelson to open up a small meditation studio, aptly named ‘Terry’s Meditation Studio’
- It’s pretty awesome here in Nelson and the community is so friendly and open hearted! The studio was running smoothly and I had a good first year, and all was going great and then, COVID.
- March 2020: The Coronavirus Pandemic resulted in me having to close my studio down as I couldn’t host groups or run classes any more. With only a few months left on my lease, I decided to accomplish the goal I set out to do way back when I started this blog, I was going to write a book.
- I figured I came to teach meditation so that’s what I’d write about. Also, realizing the severe mental health impacts as a result of lockdowns and forced isolations, meditation seemed an appropriate topic to write about.
- By July 2020 the manuscript for my book was done and my book titled Meditate was ready to be produced and published.
- August came by and it was time to move out of the studio. It was great timing too as the book had gone through the final pass with the editor and was ready for the formatter. The cover was also being designed so I had a stress-free move. I decided to stay in Nelson because, well I just love it here, it’s easy to live here and I feel more like myself every day.
- September-October was uncery, the book project had to go on pause as my dad fell critically ill (non -covid-related) and I had to return to the UK, I was unsure if I was going to come back. I literally just got in my car with a small bag, drove back to Vancouver and caught a flight home.
- Fortunately my dad pulled through and I decided to stay in the UK for a little while to support my parents and take advantage of all the domestic help as I continued to work on publishing my book.
- November 2020: When I saw the cover I was over the moon, it looked incredible and I knew it was ready to be launched and November 5 2020, Meditate: Breathe into meditation and awaken your potential was launched!
- Now available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1777286905/
- The book description:
Restore Your Mental Health, Master Your Mind and Realise the Life You Were Born to Live—One Conscious Breath at A Time
Mental health issues are on the rise and uncertainty and panic is everywhere. But if you learn to meditate, you can have a stress-free and fearless mind. The meditative mind seeks truth in everything. Where there is conflict, you will find clarity instead of chaos; and where there is pain, you will find management instead of a reaction. If a problem has been created in your life, you can create a solution through meditation.
In Meditate: Breathe into meditation and awaken your potential, Talwinder Sidhu teaches you how to meditate and cultivate a meditative mind.
In this “straightforward” and “insightful” guide to meditation, you will learn how to
- Understand what meditation is and prepare for it
- Implement an easy-to-follow five-step process for beginning meditation
- Train your mind to detach and step out of reality into consciousness
- Experience a transcendental journey through Maya (illusion), Atman (soul), and into Samadhi (enlightenment)
Beyond learning how to meditate, you will also discover how to
- Unblock your chakras (intelligence) and listen to the guidance stored in your body
- Extend your meditation into a tantric ritual to experience transcendence
- Integrate heightened levels of awareness and align your mind, body and spirit
Through meditation, you will ultimately recognize yourself as a creator and assess all experiences in life as creations so that you can bring to light that experience’s true origin—whether that experience is a sensation in your present, a memory from your past, or a state of mind that is directing your future. This will help you combat your mental ailments and find peace, truth, and clarity.
All this by simply creating a moment for yourself to sit in contemplation. – www.meditatethebook.com
Get Your FREE Meditation Starter Pack:
- An Introduction to meditation (excerpt from Meditate: Breathe into meditation and awaken your potential.
- An Instructional Video: Learn how to meditate in 5 steps!
- A 15 minute guided meditation
- That’s pretty much what I’ve been up to! I just arrived back to Nelson B.C. last week and the Meditation Audiobook was ready to be distributed! – Again what timing!
So here I am today writing to inform you that I wrote a book an meditation and it’s available for you to buy/download via Amazon and Audible! – I hope you like it 🙂
- My new coaching website: www.meditatethebook.com/talwinder-sidhu